Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated! Every little bit
helps, and credit will always be given.
This document provides guidelines for people who want to contribute to the
Create tickets: bugs, features, feedback...
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue in the bugtracker .
Please use the bugtracker before starting some work:
- check if the bug or feature request has already been filed. It may have been
- else create a new ticket.
- if you plan to contribute, tell us, so that we are given an opportunity to
give feedback as soon as possible.
- in your commit messages, reference the ticket with some
Use topic branches
- Work in branches.
- Prefix your branch with the ticket ID corresponding to the issue. As an
example, if you are working on ticket #23 which is about contribute
documentation, name your branch like
- If you work in a development branch and want to refresh it with changes from
master, please rebase or merge-based rebase , i.e. do not merge master.
Clone piecutter repository (adapt to use your own fork):
git clone email@example.com:<your-github-username-here>/piecutter.git
Setup a development environment
- Python version 2.7 (in a virtualenv if you like).
- make and wget to use the provided Makefile.
The Makefile is the reference card for usual actions in development
- Install development toolkit with pip :
- Run tests with tox :
- Build documentation:
make documentation. It builds Sphinx
documentation in var/docs/html/index.html.
- Release piecutter project with zest.releaser :
- Cleanup local repository:
make distclean and
Notes & references